1. It's a five weekend month...which means our grocery bill will automatically be higher than a four-weekend month, since that's when we do our shopping. On top if that, we seemed to run out of diapers, wipes, paper towels, and toilet paper all at once, which meant a major trip to Costco.
2. Somehow we ran out of home-cooked food and steam two weeks this month, which meant extra trips to the cafeteria (for me) and McDonalds (for Mr. Homesteader and also for family breakfasts when we ran out of eggs.)
3. I attempted to give up my beloved soda in the middle of a coup made by Wee Homesteader, who has been waking up four or more times per night all month, instead of what used to be two or three. So I've been extremely tired and looking for caffeine and comfort in Dr Pepper Ten.
4. We attempted to start the process of switching banks to avoid $55 a month in fees we're paying at Bank of America. Our application to my company's credit union was sent back due to missing paperwork (that they didn't ask for in the first place), so we lost a month going back and forth.
5. We had to replace Mr. Homesteader's computer so he could start doing freelance at home again. His old one had reached its capacity to process the large file types that he works on, coupled with a malfunctioning fan that had the computer shutting off every 15-20 minutes.
6. DMV license renewal for my car and massive late fees because we never got the first notice.
7. My department was restructured late last week and the changes are not pleasing to me in the least. I have a new boss that nobody seems to like, and I *loved* my old one, and I have to learn all new accounts and deliverables come July 1st. Made for some down days and a few indulgences in retail therapy. As of this weekend, I have a new perspective on it and am ready to dive in...but retail therapy leaves a trail that must be reckoned with.
8. Several other miscellaneous expenses that came up throughout the month.
Sigh. Looking forward to the electric bill (did I really just say that???) to see how my experiment panned out...maybe there will be a bit of good news in that envelope for once!
On the positive side, there were many yummy meals with recipes to share, and planting of vegetable gardens - yay! Stay tuned...